All contributors to this site affirm the following doctrines.
Regarding the book of Genesis:
- The creation of the heavens and earth took six literal morning and evening days.
- The Earth is relatively young, created approximately 6,000 years ago (10,000 at the oldest), and no gaps can be inferred from the text to allow for old earth interpretations.
- Adam was the first man, created directly by God. He was not figurative or metaphorical in any sense.
- Eve was the first woman, created directly by God from Adam’s rib (or perhaps flesh from his side).
- The original creation was “very good” (Gen. 1:31) and contained no death or suffering of any kind, in either humans or animals.
- Death in humans and animals only entered into the world after Adam’s original sin in the Garden of Eden.
- All humanity has descended from Adam and Eve, the first couple, who were made on day 6 of creation.
- The Noachian Flood was global in extent, covering all land masses on the entire surface of the Earth.
- The Noachian Flood destroyed all humanity and land dwelling animals, except those taken aboard the ark.
- All humanity today are the descendants of Noah, and of one of his three sons, Shem, Ham or Japheth (Gen. 9:19).
- Originally, after the Noachian Flood, all humanity spoke one language until God multiplied the languages at Babel, forcing mankind to spread out over the earth.
- The book of Genesis is accurate in all the events and histories it contains, and all the assertions it makes, theological and otherwise.
Regarding the Bible:
- The 66 books of the Bible, both Old and New Testaments, are verbally inspired, infallible, inerrant and plenary.
- They came about through the inspiring the original authors by the Holy Spirit, who guided them by various means in what they wrote.
- Its assertions are factually accurate in all the original autographs.
- It is the supreme authority in everything it teaches, including its teachings on nature and history. It is in no way limited in its accuracy to spiritual, religious, or theological themes.
- The final guide to the interpretation of Scripture is Scripture itself.
- All things necessary for salvation and living the full Christian life are found in scripture.
- The Godhead is triune: one God, three Persons—God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.
- All mankind are sinners, inherently from Adam and individually (by choice), and are subject to God’s wrath.
- Salvation from God’s wrath can come only through faith in the true Jesus Christ.
- The Holy Spirit enables the sinner to repent and believe in Jesus Christ.
- Salvation is a gift received by faith alone in Christ alone and expressed in the individual’s repentance, recognition of the death of Christ as full payment for sin, and acceptance of the risen Christ as Savior, Lord, and God.
- Jesus Christ was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary.
- Jesus Christ rose bodily from the dead, ascended to heaven, and shall return in person to this earth as Judge of the living and the dead.
- Those who do not believe in the true Jesus Christ are subject to everlasting punishment.